lovely woman's portrait oil sold
- This early portrait of a woman in a bonnet probably dates to about the 1830s.
- Nice original condition, some crackle on the background, lovely colors.
- Measures 22" x 27".
- Inventory #A 34
Miniature portrait sold
- This cheerful looking young man has a very dapper vest and black cravat.
- His portrait is set in a nice inlaid mahogany frame with old bubbly glass.
- Measures 5 1/8" x 4 3/4" on the outside of the frame, image is 2 3/8" x 1 7/8".
- Inventory #A 28
portrait of young sailor sold
- Another handsome young man, and this one so serious. As he might be, it was serious business joining the navy back then.
- Wonderful clothes, wonderful detail in the face. You can practically see every hair, the work is so fine.
- Old original brass case, not sure why the plastic is on the back. From his clothes I would guess this dates to around 1820's, the same as the other portraits here.
- The image measures 1 3/4" x 1 5/8", the outside of the frame is 2 1/8" x 1 7/8".
- Inventory #A 27