c 1680 Cologne saltglaze mug $295. with free shipping
- Yep, you read that right. In 1680 Cologne Germany made the best and only glazed pottery in the world, and exported it all over Europe, from whence to traveled to the New World.
- Nicely colored saltglaze, a few nicks and dings, but, hey it's seriously old.
- An unusual form, more common are the Bellarmine jugs that contained the beer.
- Measures 4" tall.
- Inventory #C 2
rare redware blackface bank $450. with free shipping
- This redware blackface bank has a most unusual and attractive glaze. The few I've ever seen have the normal redware colored face.
- Fully modeled and in great condition with expected wear.
- Inventory #C 19
large decorated redware jar $550. plus shipping
- This early piece has the most dramatic coloring, with deep green and mustard and orange spots.
- Found in VT, it is likely Gonic NH in origin.
- Measures 10 1/2" tall and 6" in diameter.
- No damage at all, a few spots where the glaze missed.
- Inventory #C 13
decorated redware dish $395. with free shipping
- Interesting decoration around the edge of this redware dish, like a kind of spongeware decoration.
- Very nice condition.
- Measures 9 3/4" in diameter.
- Inventory #C 20