Folk Art 1
hand written ledger $225. + shipping
- This lovely old hand written country store ledger is from Crawfordsville. Possibly Indiana?
- Dated 1839. Nice old calligraphy.
- Interesting to see the prices back then for tea, nails, etc.
- Measures 12 1/2" x 8". Some loss of stitching at binding.
- Inventory #B 11
blue wallpaper covered dome top box $325. plus shipping
- This early 19th C box has pretty blue and white wallpaper for decoration, with some wear, see pics.
- Original brass hinges and handle, original iron lock, missing a piece of the hasp. Someone lost a key?
- Measures 15" x 7" x 5 1/2".
- Inventory #FA 271
Tin shoe form match holders sold
- These little tin shoes are just so sweet! Love the soft ribbon decoration, all made of tin. Nice dry grey blue paint.
- The overall measurement is 5" tall. Yes, the old matches are included.
- Inventory #FA 277
rare redware blackface bank $350. with free shipping
- This redware blackface bank has a most unusual and attractive glaze. The few I've ever seen have the normal redware colored face.
- Fully modeled and in great condition with expected wear.
- Inventory #C 19
folk art horse carving $425. plus shipping
- One of my favorites this month, this simple horse has such strong presence.
- Carved from a block of pine, with original paint and thumbprint decoration.
- A few tacks, and the scraps of fabric from a bridle. The horsehair tail is possibly replaced.
- Measures 12 1/2" long. Mounted on a modern stand.
- Inventory #FA 232