Folk Art 1
antique Cast iron running horse sold
- Not sure what this great cast horse was used for. A sign? Barn decoration? Carnival?
- Measures 27" long x 15" tall x 3/8" thick, nice and heavy.
- Circa 1880s, likely copied from a broadside of the day. Very good old condition, very nice dark iron patina.
- Inventory #FA 340
all original folk art horse and sleigh $345. plus shipping
- Just the most remarkable piece of old folk art. The horse and sleigh are all hand carved and in original red paint.
- The horse's tack is all hand made and has tiny buckles under the belly. Very nice old condition.
- Held together mostly with wood pins and a few round nails.
- The horse measures 6" x 6" tall, and the display is 18" as shown.
antique velvet pear on leaf $375. plus shipping
- Very unusual antique velvet pear, on a pressed canvas and velvet leaf.
- Very nice old condition, great fall colors. Wood stem on pear.
- Pear measures 3" long, so quite small, and the attached leaf is 5"
- Inventory #FA 328
tiny black wallpaper box dated $145. free shipping
- This tiny handsewn wallpaper box is covered in embossed black paper and has a delicate hand painted floral design on the front.
- On the top is a gold sticker with and eagle and some initials.
- On the bottom is an inscription, Presented to Margaret by her aunt Susan Dec. 26th, 1848.
- Measures 2 1/2" in diameter and 1 1/2" tall.
- Inventory #FA 309