great ironwork early rush light $575. plus shipping
- This dramatic hand wrought iron rushlight has amazing decoration, lots of extra flourishes.
- Nice scroll to the weight on the counterbalance.
- Very good patina and color.
- Inventory #L 54
iron pickwick and unique treen holder sold
- I've never seen another set like this. The hand made iron pickwick has little wooden holder, with a carved out pocket to fit the pickwick. Unique!
- What is a pickwick you might ask? It's a small tool used to pull the wick out of the oil in a betty lamp as it burns down.
- Leather hinges and clasp with tiny dometop nails.
- Case measures 6" long.
- Inventory #L 67
american barn lantern in red paint $650. plus shipping
- This early lantern is American, and has it's original dry red paint.
- Original iron handle. Mostly original glass, piece of the left looks replaced.
- Measures 11 1/2" tall, or 15" tall with handle, and 5 1/2" square.
- Never had a candle cup. Original wood pins, and some added nails.
- Inventory #L 57
pine lighting sconce $275. with free shipping
- Pine lighting sconce, these wooden wall hangers were used to lift your lighting up so you could see better.
- This simple country piece was well used, and the brace on the top edge, which is so nicely champfered, was added later after the original hanging hole wore through.
- The sconce has early nails, and the later brace has round nails, though they are nicely oxidized.
- The sconce measures 9" x 5" x 3 1/2" deep.
- Sconce inventory #L 63
- Tiny lighting not for sale.
complete tin tinder box $245. with free shipping
- It's not often you find a nice tinder box with all of it's tools. This one has it's iron striker, a piece of flint, and most difficult to find, a top to smother the fire.
- These were a have to have back in the day. Away from home, how else would you make a fire?
- Measures 4 1/2" in diameter without handle, and 3 1/2" tall.
- Nice dark dry tin surface. Perfect old condition.
- Inventory #L 46