wrought iron candle/rush holder sold
- Lovely 18th C. piece of lighting. This nicely made early light has a clip for rush or splint light, and a candle cup. Depending on how spendy you were feeling that evening.
- Very good old dry soft surface, truly a quality piece. Found in a barn on Nantucket.
- Measures 26 1/2"
- Inventory #L 85
18th C. sand weighted light standard $550. plus shipping
- Hard to find form of early lighting, this iron and sheet iron lighting standard has an adjustable height candle pan on a hand wrought iron pole.
- Nice sand weighted base.
- Early coat of dry red paint, nice and crackly. Not original but old. Nice bit of wire to help with the adjustability which of course has worn over time.
- Light measures 41" tall.
- Inventory #L 80
18th C iron and wood rushlight $495. plus shipping
- Early hand wrought iron rushlight has very nice, delicate ironwork. Rushnip still works, with it's outstretched curly cue weight.
- Nicely turned wood base, good dark color and wear.
- Measures 9 1/2"
- Inventory L 91