RARE MINIATURE SINGLE CANDLE MOLD $365. WITH FREE SHIP
- This a very rare tin miniature single candle mold. Single candle molds are uncommon enough, but to find one in this very tiny size, well what else can I say but rare?
- I'm not really sure how the tinsmith was able to make this, he must have been very skilled.
- Measures 3 1/2" tall.
- Inventory #L 90
wrought iron and wood chandelier $1,150. plus ship
- This wonderful early chandelier is made of hand wrought iron with turned wood candle cups.
- Wood cups have several coats of black paint, and just slip over the ends of the wrought iron arms, so they come off for packing.
- Very nice old condition, possibly one of the decorative balls is replaced.
- Measures 19" across and 9" tall.
- Inventory #L 78
18th C iron and wood rushlight $495. plus shipping
- Early hand wrought iron rushlight has very nice, delicate ironwork. Rushnip still works, with it's outstretched curly cue weight.
- Nicely turned wood base, good dark color and wear.
- Measures 9 1/2"
- Inventory L 91
antique maple lighting tidy $325. plus shipping
- This is a nice old lighting tidy. They were used to keep oil lighting, such as betty lamps and whale oil lamps up off the tablecloth. To keep things tidy!
- This one is maple, with a nice bit of tiger stripes on the base. Nice turnings, old nail holding all together.
- Original dry surface.
- Measures 6" tall and 5 1/2" in diameter.
- Inventory #L 83
rare antique disc sconce $1,450. plus shipping
- "Circular wall sconces of this form can be said to be purely American, owing no discernable allegiance to any past European traditions. Made of sheet iron of thin gauge, the circular wallplate being rendered more efficient by the addition of twenty five faceted and polished tin reflectors, which renders the whole effect striking in its elegance, the candlelight being split into dozens of brilliant facets and points of light."
- "The candle cup and fluted drip pan are also of a form commonly used exclusively in America."
- John Caspall Fire and Light in the Home pre 1820
- Measures 9 1/2" in diameter.
- If you've never seen this type of sconce before, you are excused. They are so rare as to almost impossible to find.
- The reflectors inside the glass cover have been moved and reattached over the years. Looks to be original bubbly glass. Putty likely replaced. There is a collection # on the back.
- Inventory #L 77
early courting candle stick $375. with free shipping
- I know you have seen the courting candles before, but look at this one.
- Wonderful early dark and worn wood base.
- Nice ironwork with hanger and adjusting peg.
- Measures 7 1/4" tall.
- Inventory #L 79