antique maple lighting tidy $325. plus shipping
- This is a nice old lighting tidy. They were used to keep oil lighting, such as betty lamps and whale oil lamps up off the tablecloth. To keep things tidy!
- This one is maple, with a nice bit of tiger stripes on the base. Nice turnings, old nail holding all together.
- Original dry surface.
- Measures 6" tall and 5 1/2" in diameter.
- Inventory #L 83
rare antique disc sconce $1,450. plus shipping
- "Circular wall sconces of this form can be said to be purely American, owing no discernable allegiance to any past European traditions. Made of sheet iron of thin gauge, the circular wallplate being rendered more efficient by the addition of twenty five faceted and polished tin reflectors, which renders the whole effect striking in its elegance, the candlelight being split into dozens of brilliant facets and points of light."
- "The candle cup and fluted drip pan are also of a form commonly used exclusively in America."
- John Caspall Fire and Light in the Home pre 1820
- Measures 9 1/2" in diameter.
- If you've never seen this type of sconce before, you are excused. They are so rare as to almost impossible to find.
- The reflectors inside the glass cover have been moved and reattached over the years. Looks to be original bubbly glass. Putty likely replaced. There is a collection # on the back.
- Inventory #L 77
early courting candle stick $375. with free shipping
- I know you have seen the courting candles before, but look at this one.
- Wonderful early dark and worn wood base.
- Nice ironwork with hanger and adjusting peg.
- Measures 7 1/4" tall.
- Inventory #L 79
early iron and wood rushlight $575. with free shipping
- Very nice, very early iron rush and candle holder.
- Nicely turned wood base, good patina.
- Nice dark dry surface on the iron.
- Measures 11" tall.
- Inventory #L 74