rare 18th C copper/bronze rushlight $625. plus shipping
- This is truly a one of a kind, never seen it's like before.
- Beautiful hand work work on this unique piece, made of dark copper of bronze. Old patina too dark to tell for sure.
- Lovely curled pigtail, great wear and patina.
- Measures 9" tall.
- Inventory #L 72
wrought iron and wood chandelier $850 plus ship
- This wonderful early chandelier is made of hand wrought iron with turned wood candle cups.
- Wood cups have several coats of black paint, and just slip over the ends of the wrought iron arms, so they come off for packing.
- Very nice old condition, possibly one of the decorative balls is replaced.
- Measures 19" across and 9" tall.
- Inventory #L 78
18th C iron and wood rushlight $495. plus shipping
- Early hand wrought iron rushlight has very nice, delicate ironwork. Rushnip still works, with it's outstretched curly cue weight.
- Nicely turned wood base, good dark color and wear.
- Measures 9 1/2"
- Inventory L 91
rare antique disc sconce $1,450. plus shipping
- "Circular wall sconces of this form can be said to be purely American, owing no discernable allegiance to any past European traditions. Made of sheet iron of thin gauge, the circular wallplate being rendered more efficient by the addition of twenty five faceted and polished tin reflectors, which renders the whole effect striking in its elegance, the candlelight being split into dozens of brilliant facets and points of light."
- "The candle cup and fluted drip pan are also of a form commonly used exclusively in America."
- John Caspall Fire and Light in the Home pre 1820
- Measures 9 1/2" in diameter.
- If you've never seen this type of sconce before, you are excused. They are so rare as to almost impossible to find.
- The reflectors inside the glass cover have been moved and reattached over the years. Looks to be original bubbly glass. Putty likely replaced. There is a collection # on the back.
- Inventory #L 77