maine antiques digest ad
exceptional blue bucket sold
- This is probably the best bucket I have ever owned. From a great collection in MO, and they purchased it from Olde Hope. So likely PA origin.
- Why? You ask. So for starters the best dry blue and darker blue original paints. Wonderful old condition, slightly out of round, just enough nicks and dings to convince you of it's age.
- Measures 12" x 11" x 17" tall with handle up. Don't you love the wear from the rope in the middle of the handle. An old true bucket.
- Old repair to one of the pegs that hold the handle on.
- Need I say more? Just the best. Any questions? Call me at 860 458 9038.
- Inventory #TR 511
18th C. Wax doll in case $1450. plus shipping
- This lovely old wax doll dates to the 18th C. Extremely rare museum quality of doll to find. Not sure if few were made or they didn't survive.
- Beautiful poured wax face and hands. Face in very good condition, slight crack on neck under hair, very stable. Some silver tips on the fingers. Wood body, original hair and clothes. The clothes are sewn on originally, don't want to disturb them. Dress is silk brocade with silver braid and lace.
- Doll measures 15 1/2" tall, case is 23" x 12" x 6" deep.
- Doll and likely the case are 18th C. the little garden bits at the bottom of the case were added later.
- The case is likely cherry wood, all original surface, feet and hardware, etc. Some faded wallpaper in back of case. Several of the glass pieces are cracked but stable. Debated replacing them, but hate to disturb the original rock hard putty.
- Inventory #S from our personal collection.