Private Collection # 1
soft sage green half linsey woolsey quilt sold
- This large half linsey woolsey has wonderful soft sage or bayberry green on the "good" side, and a beautiful turquoise and gold and green plaid on the inside.
- The "front" is in very condition, though a bit of fading throughout. The back has a few wear spots, see pic.
- Measures 86" x 50" would nicely fit on a hired man's bed.
remarkable early candle holder $1,450. plus shipping
- This is a remarkable early piece of lighting. X Bob Thayer, who had a wonderful eye, and found in an equally remarkable collection.
- Round pine base with several good coats of original blue paint. Then we have a short piece of a brass candle stick which is held onto the pine with a big old iron strap with two rosehead nails.
- There is date painted on the bottom, 1860. Measures 10 1/2" tall.
- Could there be a nicer make do?
dated early grater sold
- This is a possibly unique grater. Simple old grater, but what a beautiful one.
- Very dark punched tin grater with the date 1853 and the initials IAC punched on one side.
- Wonderful dark dry surface with a pretty lollipop handle.
- Measures 13"
early american treen plate in original paint $1,050. plus ship
- This early American treen plate has several layers of early dry red paint. Not sure of the wood, hidden by paint, front and back. But what great color and surface! So rare.
- Measures 7 3/4" in diameter.
early american treen charger $1,050. plus shipping
- This is one of those super hard to find American treen chargers. Not the later imported ones or the fake ones, this is the real deal, the star of any American treen collection.
- Measures between 9" - 9 1/2" in diameter, and a full 1" thick.
- Small tight crack, see pic.