18th C. Mans flamestitch wallet sold
- This old wallet was surely worn enough.. Wool flamestitch over linen with pink linsey lining. What there is is all original. Guess he wore it a long time for her love. Or maybe he was just poor.
- Measures 6" x 3 1/2" as shown.
- Inventory #TX 229
18th C strawberry pincushion sold
- This pincushion came from the same home, and the pink fabric looks to come from the same dye tub. Very worn, but so romantic.
- Measures 3 1/2" x 3".
- Inventory #TX 230
18th C New england distaff $195. plus shipping
- This is the most perfect early distaff I have ever seen. We are cleaning out our collection of textile tools, and this is the best ever.
- Finely hand whittled pine shaft and possibly maple curved pieces. Nice dark attic surface, so hard to see the grain.. He would have whittled the curved pieces and bent them into the holes in the shaft while the wood was still green. Some old linen string binds the bottom edges into their holes.
- Because this wood dries out over the years, these items rarely survive this intact. This one is perfect and sturdy, but still is too fragile for actual spinning use.
- Measures 14" tall.
- Inventory #S
wooden hetchel sold
- If you will remember, hetchels were used to part the flax stems. You would drag heavy wet bundles of flax stems over these spikes and pull repeatedly to separate the fibers. I'm not sure how practical a wood hetchel would be.
- But here it is in nice dry attic surface pine wood. Very very rare, I've only ever seen 1 or 2. And in perfect old condition. Maybe they decided iron spikes worked better after all.
- Measures 7 1/2" x 3" x 4". Also out of our home.
- Inventory # S
antique spinning jenny x Helen Kogan $245. plus shipping
- This early spinning jenny (used for thread when you are weaving) in great attic surface came right out of Helen Kogans estate sale, it still has the sticker. She was the queen of New England antiques in Indiana back in the day.
- Measures 14" x 14" x 2". This one also came out of our home.
- Inventory # S
pocket size antique tape loom sold
- These small tape looms would fit in your pocket and you could take it with you and work whenever you had a space minute.
- This one has great carving all around the edges, a compass rose in the lollipop crest on the front, and a sunburst on the reverse.
- Looks like it was broke at one time and mended back together with wire.
- Measures 7 1/2" x 4 1/2".
- Inventory #TX 233
man's beaver top hat $195. plus shipping
- This old top hat is real beaver, so dates to the Civil War era.
- Nice old worn condition. American made, "The Broadway" according to the label inside.
- Inventory TX 234
mans wool frock coat
- This old man's wool frock coat is about the same era as the top hat.
- Very fine wool, was probably black once but has since oxidized to a soft dark green.
- Silk covered buttons, and look at the buttonholes all the way up the lapels!
- Missing the buttons on the sleeves.
- Measures 36" long. You can see me modeling it on the video.
- Inventory #TX 228
fine 18th C silk woman's shoes
- Another excellent early item. These fancy 18th. C shoes were made in Nantes, France because they still have their paper label.
- I wish you could see the delicate work, these are so finely made, lots of hand work. They also have some light green hand stitching which I guess was added to strengthen the silk, there are no repairs.
- Inventory #TX 222
c1800 leather shoes
Mens $325. plus shipping
childs $275. plus shipping
- I've never had so many nice C1800 leather shoes at one time. And then there's papa bear, mama bear and baby bear too!
- The men's black leather shoes are in good old condition except for small rips on the edges. They measures 11" long. Inventory #TX 228
- The woman's tan shoes are in fair old condition, the linings are loose at the heels, and still retain 1 decorative ribbon. They measure 9 1/2" long. Inventory #TX 217
- The child's dark brown leather shoes are in good old condition, and measure 5 1/2" long. Inventory #TX 218
antique linen skeins $45. - $65. ea. with free shipping
- A nice group of very old hand spun linen skeins.
- The two with ties on the outside of the picture are $45. ea. Inventory #s BG
- The second from the left, the darker color is $55. Inventory #TX 28
- The largest one is $65. Inventory #TX 39
Deerfield crewel table mat $695. plus shipping
- This a classic Deerfield 18th C table mat.
- Scrolly border with thrifty New England use of expensive wool threads. On white homespun with pink calico border.
- Quite a rare piece, I've only ever seen a handful in forever.
- A bit of thinness due to wear, and one small mend.
- Measures 52" long and 31" wide, nicely mounted for hanging.
- Inventory #TX 88