fabulous red beehive repaired bowl sold
- One of the best ever beehive bowls! These early bowls were made by foot pedal lathes in the 1700s. And this one really shows it's age.
- Repaired with wire and a big patch on the bottom. Even the patch shows a great deal of wear. This bowl was truly treasured. Not to mention the old thick crusty original dry red paint.
- Measures between 16" - 15" in diameter, so out of round, and 7" tall.
- Inventory #TR 596
Dark Blue Cream tub sold
- These old staved tubs were used to settle cream out, or so I've always thought.
- This one has a great coat of original dry dark blue paint. And it's original thin iron bands.
- Measures 7 1/2" in diameter and 4" tall.
- Inventory #TR 602
turned maple bowl best brown paint $265. plus shipping
- Love the chocolate brown dry original paint on this early bowl.
- Nice very fine turnings, and see where the wood chipped out as it was originally turned.
- Measures 12 1/2" in diameter. No cracks or damage.
- Inventory #TR 584
miniature painted seachest $495. plus shipping
- Another hard to find antique, a miniature sea chest. These were used by sailors to store their clothes and personal items on ship, and were also a nice place to sit and put your boots on. The miniatures were to store more small personal items, but as they were not a necessity, very few were ever made.
- This one has a great coat of original decorative red and black paints, on the sides and top.
- Measures 17" x 9"x 7 1/2". Replaced rope handles.
- Inventory #TR 562