18th C burl master salt $495. free shipping
- This is a very early master salt. Look at those uneven turnings, clearly foot peddle lathe.
- Good strong figuring in the wood. Some cracks, but the piece is quite stable.
- Measures between 3 1/4" - 3 1/2" diameter.
- Inventory #TR 381
rev war tinder box w/history $245. plus shipping
- This piece has seen some use. According to the notes inside it was carried in the Revolutionary War by Captain John Kilborn from Bridgton Maine and used as his tinder box.
- Another note lists his family history to the name of the person written inside the lid.
- The box has a nice dry coat of grey paint. Apparently painted after it was sewn together with linen thread.
- Inventory #TR 387
beautiful small staved firkin $425. plus shipping
- This beautiful small firkin has lovely continuous twisted willow bands.
- Two of the staves rise up to become the "ears".
- Original lid, slightly darker due to usage, just the kind of evidence of use you want to see.
- Measures 6" tall, and between 5"-6" in diameter.
- Inventory #TR 508